LIRR No Weekend Service
There will be no service February 27th & 28th between Hicksville and Jamaica due to the LIRR Expansion Project. Please visit the LIRR website for more information.
I-84 Wallkill Rest Area Closed
The rest area on I-84 in Wallkill will be closed indefinitely due to emergency work
George Washington Bridge Traffic Advisory
Get weekly travel advisories for the George Washington bridge.
There are currently no emergency alerts at this time.
For additional information on how COVID-19 is affecting Park operations, visit https://parks.ny.gov/
The following are frequently asked questions relating to transportation that we have received during this pandemic response:
Are the roads and bridges in NYS open?
DO I HAVE TO QUARANTINE IF I COME TO NY FROM ANOTHER STATE?
For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state;
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days;
- The traveler must fill out the Traveler Health Form upon arrival in New York State; and
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests come back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
For travelers who were in another state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
- However, the traveler must fill out the Traveler Health Form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.
The travel guidelines require all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out of state, to take personal responsibility for compliance in the best interest of public health and safety. For more information, the New York State COVID-19 Travel Advisory and the Traveler Health Form can be found here: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory.
What are the quarantine regulations if I fly internationally into NY?
All decisions regarding the screening of international passengers arriving at all airports in the United States are made by federal agencies including the CDC and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is providing all necessary support for these passenger screenings at its airports and any referrals for quarantine in cooperation with state and city health authorities. For airports outside of New York City, you should check with that airport directly.
Regarding international air travel, we recommend you read the information provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) regarding Returning from International Travel, here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html. This CDC webpage notes that if you have traveled internationally in the past 14 days, you should stay home and monitor your health. The webpage further notes that during this 14-day period you should not take public transportation, taxis, or ride-shares, and to avoid contact with others.
Do I still need to stop at a tollbooth to pay tolls?
As of October 26, the Port Authority of NY and NJ will temporarily restore cash toll collection at the Lincoln Tunnel and upper level of the George Washington Bridge. Customers using cash must use a staffed toll lane. Failure to use the designated cash lanes at these facilities after October 26 will result in a Notice of Violation Enforcement. All other Port Authority facilities have moved to cashless tolling systems or have no toll. Visit the Port Authority website for more information: https://www.panynj.gov/port-authority/en/alerts/coronavirus-updates.html.
Can I travel to Canada?
Non-essential travel across the US-Canadian Border from New York State is restricted.
Americans and Canadians are allowed to cross the land border to perform essential work or for other urgent reasons, only. Commercial traffic will be permitted in order to support critical supply chains.
The Canada Border Services Agency announced that as of June 8, 2020 23:59 EDT, foreign nationals who are immediate family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents, and who do not have COVID-19 or exhibit any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or who do not have reason to believe they have COVID-19, will be exempt from the prohibition on entry to Canada if entering to be with an immediate family member for a period of at least 15 days.
Foreign nationals who are admitted into Canada pursuant to this exemption must quarantine for 14 days.
An immediate family member refers to a person’s:
- a)spouse or common-law partner;
- b)dependent child, as defined in section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, or a dependent child of the person’s spouse or common-law partner;
- c)dependent child, as defined in section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, of a dependent child referred to in paragraph (b):
- d)parent or step-parent or the parent or step-parent of the person’s spouse or common-law partner;
- e)guardian or tutor.
This change does not apply to immediate family members of temporary residents in Canada, such as those on a student or work visa.
Are rest area facilities on highways – both NYSDOT & Thruway –open?
Note that Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has issued an executive order requiring all people in New York to wear a mask or a face covering when out in public and in situations where social distancing cannot be maintained. This includes inside rest areas, welcome centers, etc. See https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20217-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency For current status of roads and bridges and up-to-date travel information in New York State, please visit 511NY.org or call 511.
I live in NYC. Are parking tickets being issued at this time, or do people have to continually move their car?
Are ferries running?
For information about the Staten Island Ferry, please see: https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/ferrybus/staten-island-ferry.shtml.
For information regarding other New York City ferries, please see: https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/ferrybus/ferintro.shtml.
For information regarding Lake Champlain Ferries, please visit: https://ferries.com/covid19
Are trains running?
Train service has been deemed essential infrastructure and as such will remain active. It is recommended that people limit use of public transportation to only when absolutely necessary. Please visit your train provider's website for latest train schedules and alerts.
I don't drive. If I need to go somewhere, can I call Lyft or Uber?
Click here for more information.
Click here for more information.
To add to My Cameras View:
- Map page - Click on a camera icon on the map, then click the 'My Cameras' button at the top of the camera popup. Select from the Camera View list to add or de-select to remove.
- Camera page - Click on the three dots icon below the camera image to access the 'My Cameras" option. Select from the Camera View list to add or de-select to remove.